[Tweeters] Carkeek Park Wandering Tatler ("WATA")

Tom Mansfield birds at t-mansfield.com
Wed Aug 24 08:08:01 PDT 2016

The WATA continues this morning at this northwest Seattle park beach but did not appear healthy during my brief viewing. It has an obvious smear of something yellowish/oily-looking and pretty much just sat beneath its favored root ball located midway between the bridge over the railroad tracks and the outflow pipes at the creek mouth. Easy to find with a gaggle of birders on hand. I often complain about the traffic but was amazed this morning to leave home on Harvard (Capitol Hill) at 7 a.m., zip out to Carkeek via the freeway, tick-and-run the WATA, and get back to my garage at home in 51 minutes!

Tom Mansfield in Seattle.