[Tweeters] Identification help requested

Birder1944 at aol.com Birder1944 at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 18:31:35 PDT 2016

Sorry, but this bird wasn't seen locally; nonetheless, the people on this
mailing list have been all over the country, and I would like some help.
I'm currently in SE Arizona, and I saw this bird today at Paton's Hummingbird
Center in Patagonia.

It was feeding on the ground with doves and House Finches. The blue head
completely threw me. I suspect it is some kind of genetic aberration or
something, but maybe someone here has some information that would shed some
light on it.

You can see five photos on my website at
http://www.barry15.com/2016_Birding_Reports/Unknown_bird.html

Thanks for any ideas or help you can give me.

Barry Brugman
Kirkland, WA