[Tweeters] ID help?

Catherine cma at squeakyfiddle.com
Wed Aug 24 18:36:33 PDT 2016

I've been hearing a shrill, high, single note call above the neighborhood canopy for the last couple days and dusks: "eeep! eeep! eeep!".

Just caught a glimpse of the source - a smallish raptorish bird, very pale undersides, body and tail about equal. Flight both acrobatic and elegant as it coursed around the top of a huge poplar with a smaller bird in pursuit.

There's not a lot to go on here, but I've never seen or heard this before and am flummoxed. Any ideas welcome.

Catherine Alexander
Lakewood Neighborhood
South Seattle