[Tweeters] Chukars and Shorebirds

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 22:47:48 PDT 2016

Floated the Yakima River flyfishing with Bill and Deb Essman today.  Fishing was great but catching wasn't.  Highlights were 20 Chukar about 1 mile up from take out at Big Pines and then flyover group of 8 calling Common Nighthawks at the takeout at about 1:30.
Since we finished early I decided to head over to Perch Point (heck I was more than half way there).  Also stopped at Winchester STP ponds.  Lots of shorebirds including:. Stilt, Pectoral, Spotted, Western, Least, Baird's and Semipalmated Sandpipers, Killdeer and Pacific Golden Plover and Black Necked Stilt.

Blair Bernson