[Tweeters] Northern Waterthrush Continues + Lens Cap

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:04:25 PDT 2016

Hello Tweets,

During my position today as a junior naturalist for Seattle Audubon's Nature Camp, I was able to go back to Utah Wetlands and see the northern waterthrush again just now after first seeing it yesterday morning. Better views today of this pretty warbler, feeding in the same location at the back of the muddy area. I somehow managed to briefly show the bird to all the interested third graders in my group, a real feat! We also enjoyed two purple martins harassing a very dark merlin directly over the wetland.

While walking through the adjacent meadow, I found a small black unmarked lens cap on the trail. If anyone has lost their cap or has any idea whose it could be, please contact me at this email.

Good birding, Joshua Glant
Mercer Island, WA