[Tweeters] Haste Makes Waste - Red Knot at Tulalip Spit - NOT Stilt Sandpiper

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:46:50 PDT 2016

This morning, I was chased away from the cul-de-sac area on the south side
of the bay by a neighbor who was concerned about recent crime activity in
the area - stolen mail dumped, stolen car abandoned. He insisted that the
area was private property of the leaseholders and was waiting for police to
show up to investigate the mail dump. I did not insist on being allowed
there, although I have never been challenged by residents previously and
although there were two birders already out on the spit. I scoped the spit
from the hill by the community center, but could not confirm American
Golden Plover, Red Knot or dowitchers from that distance. Some peeps did
fly in late.

Phil Dickinson