[Tweeters] Triple Dip in the East

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Fri Aug 26 14:02:30 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets - way too early this morning, I set off over the mountains on a three bird quest. I spent the first two hours searching through an abundance of Killdeer, and peeps ( including several Baird's Sandpipers) looking in vain for the Pacific Golden Plover seen here two days ago. No luck but I did find a Snipe and several Semipalmated Plovers. Then on to Para Ponds which are pretty dry and totally blackbird free! Since noon I've been driving back and forth through the area on It 24 where the Scissor-tailed FC has been seen as recently as yesterday. Again Nada. Temperature is pushing 90 so guess I'll go drive up the Yakima canyon and see what's there. Happy Birding - Jon Houghton - Edmonds