[Tweeters] Discovery Park Saturday morning

Neil and Carleen Zimmerman n3zims at comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 14:55:38 PDT 2016

Hello Tweeters,
My wife Carleen, Pam Cahn and myself went to Discovery Park this morning to take a look around. Walking through the South Meadow, we got really nice looks at a very dark Merlin. We had two Ospreys at South Bluff, as well as two Bald Eagles later on. A juvenile Cooper's Hawk also shot by.
We did not see the Northern Waterthrush at the Utah Wetlands between 8 & 9 am. We did see several Orange-crowned and Wilson"s Warblers and American Goldfinches.
We went down to the beach at West Point. Basically no birds out on the water except a few gulls. We did see 13 juvenile Sanderlings and two juvenile Baird's Sandpipers on the north beach.
There were enough resident birds around to keep us happy. The cool weather was a good break from the heat.

Neil Zimmerman
Brier, WA