[Tweeters] A lot of swifts tonight

Larry Schwitters leschwitters at me.com
Sun Aug 28 22:39:06 PDT 2016

Tweeters,

Washington State has four man made PIF “IMPORTANT BIRD AREAS” of global significance.

Old Northern State Hospital
Monroe Wagner
Selleck Old School House
JBLM building 2068

Audubon’s Vaux’s Happening has been committed to documenting how many swifts roost in Wagner and Selleck every evening since we started the project 18 migrations ago.

JBLM comes close to every night observations in spite of being a secure military base.

We can use additional observers at all four roost sites. It's a rewarding, sometimes even thrilling experience. Send me an email if you would like to be involved.

Tonight Diane Yorgason-Quinn put nearly 5000 Vaux’s Swifts to bed at JBLM and Nick French tucked in 7000 at Wagner. You can see the Wagner birds on our live streaming ip camera.

Larry Schwitters
Issaquah