[Tweeters] The Low Down On Western Scrub-Jays in the Pacific Northwest

Brad Waggoner wagtail24 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:37:56 PDT 2016

Hi All,

You might as well bookmark the eBird Northwest Portal as some really
good informative articles are placed there. Check out the most recent
one on Scurb-Jays!

Cheers and good birding,

Brad Waggoner

New eBird NW postings help with understanding the Scrub-Jay split for NW
birders, and catch up on one of this summer’s most amazing sightings

Recent postings on eBird NW describe the distribution and identification
of California and Woodhouse’s Scrub-Jays in the Pacific Northwest and
the excitement around finding and identifying the first inland NW record
of Elegant Terns this July. The Scrub-Jay article, at:

http://ebird.org/content/nw/news/the-scrub-jay-world-just-became-more-complicated-and-interesting/

provides an in-depth description of what is known about their
distribution in and around the Northwest, and describes identification
marks as well as pitfalls. The Elegant Tern posting, at:

http://ebird.org/content/nw/news/elegant-tern-sighting-6-26-16-north-potholes-reserve-ebird-checklist-s30404849/

is the first in what we hope will be a series of postings on the “eBird
record of the season”, which will focus on one or more notable sightings
from each season. And, watch for an upcoming posting on Fox Sparrows
of the Northwest. We hope you find these eBird NW features useful,
feedback is always appreciated. Send it to the eBird NW team, at
William.Tweit at dfw.wa.gov <mailto:William.Tweit at dfw.wa.gov>