[Tweeters] Bat close encounter, RFI

Jody Breckenridge jbreckenridge at r2usa.com
Tue Aug 30 10:13:39 PDT 2016

Steve, I had the same experience with a table umbrella some years ago. Was
brushing dead leaves and spiders off of the closed umbrella I had stored
under my covered deck and one of them moved. I carefully put the snoozing
bat in a shoe box and moved it to a more remote part of my property (I wore
gloves and long sleeves). I then backed off to a safe distance to observe,
and left it to its own devices. It took off immediately and after getting a
very close up look at the bat as it flew right by me, I was amazed at how
huge the wings were compared to the tiny body. Fascinating creatures but
the rabies thing is scary. A few years later a dead bat was found by a
friend's dog a couple miles from my home and found to have rabies so she had
to get the shots.

-jody

Jody Breckenridge,

North of Monroe, rural Sno County