[Tweeters] Douglas Co. Mockingbirds

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Tue Aug 30 18:48:02 PDT 2016

Hi, birders. Had a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise late this
afternoon when I was at the Debris Basin Collection area behind Chief
Joseph Dam: I saw 3 N. Mockingbirds. Had to drive home for camera, but
they were still there and I did get photos. Last time I saw one in Doug.
Co. was on the Wenatchee CBC in 2002!!! There is a "birding trail" that
works over to the storage buildings. Saw them near the big drain pipe
near a bench by the cattails. Seemed to prefer trees with fruit/berries,
but one had what looked like a Praying Mantis. Just never know what you
might see, right? Meredith Spencer, Bridgeport