[Tweeters] Discovery Park (Seattle) Whimbrel

pan panmail at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 30 23:25:46 PDT 2016

Tweets,

Mid-day, after a morning watching from West Point in Seattle's Discovery
Park, Spencer H. and I saw a Whimbrel fly in from the north, land on the
cobbled beach for about ten minutes, then (walkers and dogs) fly south
over the Sound. We'd also had nearly 50 Bonaparte's Gulls, a few
_distant_ Common Terns (some came into King County), and 11 Sanderlings.
Warblers and vireos and tanagers continue, and I had my first-of-season
Lincoln's Sparrows and Ruby-crowned Kinglet. [Also: decent mammals,
including harbor seal, CA sea lion, river otter, harbor porpoise.]

An evening visit to Montlake Fill did not turn up an earlier-reported
waterthrush.

30 August, 2016,

Alan Grenon
Seattle