[Tweeters] migrant Pacific-slope Flycatcher in Seattle

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 14:42:30 PDT 2016

Hello, tweets.

I was standing at the window with camera on tripod photographing chickadees and House Finches in the back yard, and a Pacific-slope Flycatcher appeared in the hemlock tree right in front of me, sat for a few photos, and then moved on. That’s the way to jazz up the day. I looked at my records for this species, and I detect one about every other year. Who knows how many actually move through the yard—far more than I see, that’s for sure. It’s fascinating that they are almost all in the fall; they just don’t come through the yard in spring except for one June bird.

8-28 Aug 93
4 Sep 94
29 Jul 95
24 Aug, 20 Sep 96