[Tweeters] What to do with a dead bird?

Lee Tenneboe magicdeelee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 22:07:32 PST 2016

Hi Tweeters,
My neighbor found a Red Breasted Sapsucker on her deck this evening, possibly a victim of a window strike(?) A friend of mine suggested that it might be useful for research but I have no idea where I would take it. I live in Edmonds, not sure who might be interested - maybe the Burke Museum? I'm going to wrap it and put it in the freezer for now pending suggestions on what to do with it - other than 'bury it at sea' down at the Edmonds marina. Which seems kinder than putting it in a dumpster.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Lee T
Edmonds, WA