[Tweeters] Off-topic: Panama trip report (Harpy Eagle)

Alan Roedell alanroedell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 21:07:30 PST 2016

Interesting, I too am fixated on Harpy Eagles..I took a different route,
traveling to Guyana in November. 18 hours from Seattle to Georgetown
Guyana, a 2 hour interior flight to Lethem, four hours by rough road to
Surama village, a one hour hike in 90 degree heat to a Harpy nest site
where a one-year old Harpy was glaring down at me from a branch 60 feet in
the air. Chilling! I was allowed one hour at the nest site where I took
many photos, some of them okay. I hope we can compare notes some day. I'm
glad I'm not the only person obsessed by this magnificent bird.
Thanks, Alan Roedell, Seattle