[Tweeters] EARED GREBE, Lake Sammamish State Park, Issaquah

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:28:14 PST 2016

Hi Tweets,

Was fortunate to be outside at Lake Sam on this glorious, crisp winter day. The EARED GREBE was inside the buoys at Sunset Beach and was close by two Horned Grebes, giving a great opportunity for comparing field marks. This is an uncommon species here, so I was glad to have the Horned nearby for comparison.

Other neat sightings: TRUMPETER SWAN, VIRGINIA RAIL, 40 KILLDEER, RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER (I thought they'd migrated out), MERLIN, COMMON RAVEN, VARIED THRUSH, LINCOLN SPARROW, & 60 PINE SISKIN.

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard
Bellevue, WA
scormieraa001 at hotmail.com