[Tweeters] Snow Buntings, Rosy-Finches WWCo.

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Wed Dec 7 19:48:18 PST 2016

Hello all,

After starting our day with a NORTHERN PARULA just 1/2 mile south of
stateline in OR (coming to a hummer feeder) we with friends Jim and Sue
headed north in search of winter birds. On Sheffler road we found 2 SNOW
BUNTINGS -#261 for our county yearlist - only 1 more species to tie our
record!

A few dozen "arctic" Horned Larks were in with the hundreds along the
road - snow cover always brings them to the road. A Lapland Longspur was
heard but not seen.

On Smith Springs road six Tree Sparrows were in a weedy area with many
Wcrowns, Song Sparrows and juncos.

Mike chummed for gulls at Lower Monumental Dam - all the regulars -
nothing unusual. Above the dam at the gravel pit were over 65
GRAY-CROWNED ROSY-FINCHES -

Rough-legged Hawks were on every road north of 124 - we had 11 birds -
two of them beautiful black morph.

Good birding, M&ML

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley