[Tweeters] Emperor Goose at Three Crabs Update

John Gatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:12:32 PST 2016

I called local birders on the Emperor Goose I found at Three Crabs
today and Denny Van Horn, Bob Bokelheide, and 4 or 5 other birders were
able to see it before it flew off to the west. It moved from the beach to
a wetlands across from the south side parking area. It finally flew fairly
low over our heads and off to the west. In the past this species has hung
our in the area often viewable from Dungeness Landing County Park.

The bird was not associating with other geese.
I counted 141 Trumpeter Swan along Anderson Road munching on carrots.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner Beach