[Tweeters] Enumclaw Egret

boisecreekfarm at comcast.net boisecreekfarm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 09:43:30 PST 2016

A Great Egret showed up in Enumclaw on Halloween day. We have enjoyed seeing it feed in the pasture from our front window almost daily until a couple days ago. I just learned yesterday that it was found in distress near where it was spending the nights and was transported to Feathered Friends in Enumclaw and then to a place more suited for a bird of its type. I suspect the snow and then the following freeze made feeding difficult for it. The bird showed no physical damage and should recover. I will miss seeing it. Anna's hummingbirds have been enjoying the warm feeders we have been rotating and have given me great opportunities for photos as they sit tight in the cold weather to conserve energy.
Bob and Gina Ames
Enumclaw WA
https://www.flickr.com/photos/119513927@N06/