[Tweeters] The Perennial Question

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Tue Dec 20 11:23:40 PST 2016

When we first built our house we had Flickers roosting in a wind sheltered area under our eaves and pecking there, probably more out of habit than anything else. I took a small piece of a log and split it in half and the attached it to a cedar board and hung it in the roost spot. The Flickers still use the roost and peck on the log instead of our cedar siding, a bonus is that bats use the gap between the cedar board and our siding as a roost too. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA