[Tweeters] Magnuson Park on Christmas Day

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 26 19:01:07 PST 2016

Hi Tweeters,

Bill and I hadn't been out to bird for a while, so we headed
to Magnuson Park on Christmas Day when the fog had lifted a little.
Although there was little wind, it was still cold enough that it was
challenging to keep our fingers warm while trying to take pictures. Our
most interesting observation yesterday was a pair of Buffleheads engaged in
pairing displays. The male would swim, raising and lowering his head, then
surge after the female then both would swim together. At one point another
female charged at both of them, seemingly annoyed (anthropomorphism here).
Anyway, I've assembled the 14 best pictures here from this wintry walk at
the Flickr link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/albums/72157676932946310

Happy birding, Charlotte Byers, Seattle