[Tweeters] Palm Warbler in Renton

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:27:47 PST 2016

Hey Tweets!

Hitting the cedar River mouth today, I was on my way back to the car and was pishing along the river hoping for a Lincoln's sparrow. Instead I got call notes from a low lying tree along the near side. It was similar to Yellow-rumped, but in the direction of a Lincolns sparrow call, if that makes sense. I only got poor views of a warbler and mayyy have seen a tail pump... But it flew across the river. I played call notes for Palm warbler and it *sang* from across the river on the airport side. I got two rounds of song from it. Buzzy monotone that I couldn't match with anything but Palm warbler.

Worth a run for a last minute year list add, perhaps!

Tim Brennan
Renton

Sent from my iPhone