[Tweeters] Marysville Birds, Everett-Marysville CBC (Dec. 26th) highlights

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:54:57 PST 2016

Tweeters:

Although total species count was well below average this year, and most observers remarked that common songbird numbers were lower than normal, the Everett-Marysville CBC held on Dec. 26th had a few highlights. Among them was a BARN SWALLOW that has been roosting in Heineck Farms' barn for a couple weeks. Today it was flying around the property there. This site is on the southern end of Sunnyside Blvd. A GREAT EGRET (first for the CBC) has been cooperatively hanging out at Jennings Park in Marysville, visible from 4th Street, and seen by many. I photographed a BOHEMIAN WAXING at Biringer Farm, just the second for the CBC. Exciting raptors count-week only were an imm. GOLDEN EAGLE up at Island Crossing (photographed by Dave Poortinga) and a TURKEY VULTURE I had on the 28th near Priest Pt. Poortinga and Maureen Corlas also found a long overdue TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE up in Island Crossing on CBC day.

Scott Atkinson

Lake Stevens

mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com