[Tweeters] The Dot, not the Crescent, today

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Thu Feb 4 15:12:31 PST 2016

Hi Tweets - Several of us had great views and took some good photos of the BLACK-HEADED GULL at Crescent Lake around noon today. This bird was in fresh looking green grass south of the informal parking pull out between the prison farm and the large south parking lot. This bird was clearly different from those photographed on Monday and Tuesday with a clean white neck and a prominent, circular post-orbital black spot. We watched it for about 10 minutes (after I arrived) until if flew just a short ways towards the bridge, disappearing in a swale. Patience may be required but the bird is still there - maybe two of 'em!! No luck on finding the Swamp Sparrow reported by Jordan Gunn on Tuesday. Good birding!! - Jon Houghton, Edmonds