[Tweeters] RE: Official word on Northern Hawk Owl

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Wed Feb 10 09:59:23 PST 2016

I'm betting Christy did!

From: Morrow, Alison [mailto:amorrow at king5.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:54 AM
To: Jon Houghton <jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com>
Subject: Re: Official word on Northern Hawk Owl

Has anyone taken any pictures of the razed property?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Jon Houghton <jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com<mailto:jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com>> wrote:
Hi Tweets - As indicated by Tom Mansfield and the Spokane Spokesman last evening, the Tribe has spoken. Here's the official notification:

COLVILLE TRIBES ISSUE CITATION IN RELATION TO KILLING OF NORTHERN HAWK OWL

For Immediate Release

February 9, 2016

NESPELEM, WA - On February 2, 2016, the Colville Confederated Tribes Natural Resource Enforcement concluded its investigation into the killing of a Northern Hawk Owl, located in the Cassimer Bar Area near Brewster, Washington, within the exterior boundaries of the Colville Indian Reservation. The investigation led to issuance of a citation in the amount of $ 5,000.00. The cited individual now has the option of paying the fine, seeking a mitigation hearing, or contesting the citation in Tribal Court. "I am pleased that our office was able to conclude its investigation. It is important that the laws protecting our natural resources be enforced," said Henry Hix, the Tribe's Chief of Natural Resources Enforcement.

####
END PRESS RELEASE

The Wenatchee paper will be picking this up today, as well. Jon Houghton - Edmonds