[Tweeters] Leucistic Bewick's Wren

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:53:58 PST 2016

Hi Tweeters,

Around noon today (2/17/16) I relocated a completely leucistic Bewick's
Wren in a blackberry patch along Dike Rd about 0.4 mile south of Caples Rd
in the Woodland Bottoms. It was in full song, but liked to stay down in the
brush a bit, which may be why it has lived this long as it jumps out when
it is out in the open. I first saw this bird a bit farther south on 11/8/15
but never relocated until today. Terry Anderson happened along and got
some photos and shared a couple with me. These can be found in my eBird
post at the following link
.
http://ebird.org/ebird/pnw/view/checklist?subID=S27663130

Russ Koppendrayer