[Tweeters] Bufflehead x common goldeneye hybrid

viper.bob at frontier.com viper.bob at frontier.com
Thu Feb 18 12:10:03 PST 2016

Last spring I photographed this duck or one exactly like it at Klamath Basin NWR. It appeared to be mated to a bufflehead since it was always with one. That makes me think that its mother was probably a bufflehead and father a goldeneye. It is a very attractive duck I must say. You can see my pictures of it on my website:www.rlkimages.photoshelter.com

|   |

| Wildlife photographer based in Washington state | Bob Ko...Images of birds in flight Photos by Bob Kothenbeutel, Washington state-based wildlife photographer specializing in flight images and detailed bird portraits |

| |

| View on www.rlkimages.pho... | Preview by Yahoo |

| |

|   |

Click on the "Ducks" gallery and scroll to the very last images (there are about 180 images in that gallery). I was able to get quite close to it while shooting from my car.
Bob KothenbeutelWoodinvilleviper.bob at frontier.com