[Tweeters] Large mystery bird

Tom and Carol Stoner tcstonefam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:07:26 PST 2016

At 1:45 pm Thursday I got a brief look at a large, distant bird soaring
south along Puget Sound just north of Lincoln Park. My first thought was
that it was a juvenile Bald Eagle, but when I looked at it with binoculars,
the most distinctive field mark I could spot was a light tail ending with a
distinct dark band. I looked but couldn't find a Bald Eagle image with
that tail pattern. A 2nd year Golden Eagle seems to fit what I saw, but
that sure would be unlikely.

Could it be an immature Bald?

I would love to hear if anyone else sees this bird.

Carol Stoner
Gatewood Hill, West Seattle

tcstonefam @ g mail dotcom