[Tweeters] Chelan birding

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:59:20 PST 2016

Hey all!

Birding with Kevin Black in Chelan County today, and we turned up some nice birds! 50 species for the day, with a pair of code three birds: Virginia Rail (at Beebe Springs) and Canyon Wren (at Rocky Reach Dam). We had first of year Say's Phoebe, Rock Wren and Townsend's Solitaire as well. Fun to hear some singing going on.

The highlights may have been Golden Eagles. Kevin spotted one as we drove up 97 to highway 2 in the morning and we had three of them circling at once while walking at the Leavenworth Fish Hatchery. Kevin also spotted a Common Redpoll just south of Leavenworth in a residential neighborhood.

Owls, Wenatchee and Cashmere tomorrow!

Tim Brennan
Renton