[Tweeters] Incredibly loud Varied Thrush, coyote bird predation?

Ed Swan Edswan2 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 08:30:02 PST 2016

Sort of amazed this morning, the Varied Thrush in the Fairmont greenbelt is
so loud that I can hear it on the other side of the house, our house with
thick brick walls, over the noise of the rain, planes coming in, the port
and the traffic heading over the West Seattle bridge.

Also, I was wondering if it's known how much bird predation coyotes do in
the urban environment or if they're mostly going after mammals: rats, cats,
raccoons, etc.

Ed

Ed Swan

Nature writer and guide