[Tweeters] Gog-Le-Hi-Te Ducks

festuca at comcast.net festuca at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 16:23:40 PST 2016

Hi folks,

I walked around the Gog-Le-Hi-Te wetlands at the Port of Tacoma site as part of an unsuccessful attempt at finding the Slaty-backed Gull.

I was fortunate to find a drake Wood Duck in the flooded cottonwoods near the parking lot, and a "Common" Teal (Eurasian Green-winged teal) in a flock of +/- 75 American Green-wings on the southernmost pond. The Eurasian bird was a drake, with a cream-white scapular stripe, no hint of a vertical "shoulder" stripe, and had very discernible light reddish-white stripes from the crown to the bill in front of the eye, and under the green 'cheek' patch. Pretty Bird!

Cheers,
Jon. Anderson
Olympia