[Tweeters] Flickers...

Sammy Catiis Hikersammy at msn.com
Tue Feb 23 09:51:00 PST 2016

Hiya all,

I've been out of the 'ornithology world' for a few years and never was into the subspecies and variants so much. Still not.. however.. I'm always perplexed at the Flickers. Like so many species, I have many variants. I was looking at the Gilded vs Yellow.. however the Yellow might be mixed with more popular Northern Flicker as a variant.. heck I'm lost. If I'm confusing you.. you should be in my mind.

So, I have photos.. of one of my frequent visitors. Must be an immature Northern Flicker that's yellow.. ? Looks like the books Gilded. Are Gilded really that popular here? Or are they really just mixed ..as this one I'm pretty sure breeds with the Northern.

Full res shots if you want to look or help with the understanding of this.

THX in advance,

Sammy

Arlington