[Tweeters] MEGA-RBA

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Fri Feb 26 07:27:08 PST 2016

>From the feedback I am receiving this is a Giant Wood-Rail, a bird from Brazil. This must be an escapee, but who keeps Wood-Rails as pets?

Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Wilson Cady" <gorgebirds at juno.com>
To: tweeters at u.washington.edu, obol at freelists.org
Subject: [Tweeters] MEGA-RBA
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:15:34 GMT

Last night I received a photo of a bird that was seen in a backyard in Vancouver, WA, on 2-25-16. The photo was given to the owner of a wild bird supply store and he sent it to me. Unfortunately I have no other details or even contact information for the original observer. From what I can deduce it is a GRAY-NECKED WOOD-RAIL I POSTED THE PHOTO ON THE Washington Birding facebook site, here is a link to that photo.

https://www.facebook.com/Washington-Birding-137712199682582/

Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA