[Tweeters] Lesser black-backed gull, Kalama boat basin, Cowlitz Co.

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Sun Feb 28 12:45:08 PST 2016

Randy Hill and I found a lesser black-backed gull while looking for and finding the black-legged kittiwake. The gull had a dark mantle, bright yellow legs, light eye, orange bill with red spot. We last had the bird flying around a parked ship in the river adjacent to the boat basin. It is pouring rain now and very windy we have taken refuge in the vehicle. The gull was found by Randy as it was loafing on the log jam at the boat basin (marina).

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA