[Tweeters] RE: Rustic Bunting in Whatcom County (since gone)...

Fanter Lane fanterlane at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:20:59 PST 2016

Hello All,
I wanted to let everyone know that if the Rustic Bunting would have been
more accessible to the public we would have let the birding community know
about this bird as soon as Noah found and identified it. Noah found the
bird on private property and a good distance from a public rd, so the
original location of the bird is not accessible to people chasing the bird,
and trying to re-find it. Like Noah also said the bird flew when we where
watching it, a long distance away by itself (not with the junco flock) and
we could not relocate it after another hour of searching.

Wish it was in an area accessible to the public but the landowners do not
want a lot of people coming to their house looking for the bird.
I think this is a great opportunity to inspire everyone to keep looking and
being aware that rare birds like this can pop up anywhere!

Good birding,
Fanter Lane
Acme WA
fanterlane at gmail.com