[Tweeters] Echoing Christopher Clark re Big Thanks for a great 2015

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Fri Jan 1 20:21:22 PST 2016

Hi Tweets - I'd like to echo everything Christopher said about how important it has been for my super bird year (332 spp in the state!) to have the combined information from tweets on this site and from ebird! This marvelous information stream, and support from a growing network of super birders, made it interesting and great fun to visit new places and find some amazing new birds. Thanks to many of you, I expanded my life list by 9 species this year with such super birds as Thick-billed Murre, Great Gray Owl, Northern Spotted Owl, Lesser Sand Plover, and Sharp-tailed Grouse. A special shout-out for these and other birds to Blair Bernson, Doug Shurman, John Gatchet, Mike and MaryLynn Denny, and many, many others. Here's hoping for similar adventures and good fortune for all of us in 2016!! - Jon Houghton, Edmonds