[Tweeters] NY's Eve Day @ West 90

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 19:33:20 PST 2016

Besides being a beautiful day up in Skagit Co. there were enough birds out and about at West 90 to please a moderate number of birders/photographers/walkers. I was there from about 2 - 5, observing, taking some photos and sharing information and photo views with some of the people who were there. Besides some Short-eared Owls, in the area there were a number of Northern Harriers, several Rough-legged Hawks, a couple Red-tailed Hawks, a possible Cooper's Hawk, a Merlin, an American Kestrel, some Western Meadowlarks, Song Sparrows, blackbirds of some kind(s), a Great Blue Heron or 2 and likely other birds. A few hunters came in at sunset, but I never heard any gunshots. Of course, there could easily have been flyovers of ducks, Snow Geese & swans in the many hours that day that I was slowly getting ready to make my first winter birding foray northward this season - I was so out-of-practice getting geared up that I left behind my binoculars and some thick wool gloves. It didn't matter - my camera and scope and warm fleece pockets filled in nicely for the forgotten items.
A great afternoon.
Here's a link to my photos of the birds, people and habitats on which I used my camera :

https://flic.kr/s/aHskrZRZ6D

Barb Deihl
barbdeihl at comcast.net