[Tweeters] Skagit Eider

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 20:33:02 PST 2016

Dear Tweeters,
An Eider, Common or King, was photographed today (2nd January 2016) during the Padilla Bay CBC. It was seen off the Skyline Marina in Anacortes, actually a tad south of there, near Tugboat Park. Since a few people already know about the bird, I don't think it would do any harm if I went ahead and made the sighting known, especially since it's such a rare bird. Quite a few birders are planning to be there tomorrow morning, before the light turns against us.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch