[Tweeters] YR Warbler, misc. / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Jan 3 11:26:58 PST 2016

Good morning Tweeters,

Just had (11am) a Yellow Rumped Warbler show up at the suet. Hadn't had seen one here for quite a while!

Saw the Brown Creeper late afternoon - seems to always be here between 3-4. Think another early visit takes place and miss it when I don't get to see it. A Bewick's always try to
stump me, trying to act like the creeper. Forgot to mention it was interesting the other day seeing the creeper actually back down (in reverse) the tree for a bit. Still trying to find info to see if they set up new territories depending on food supply and if they then stay around to nest in the area. Anyone in the area (Wedgwood or surrounds) had them nest? It seems someone told me about them nesting in the ravine near here somewhere.

Also forgot to mention seeing on the way to Everett New Year's Day about noon at 110th by Nathan Hale in the trees and all over the field about 4:30 a murder of crows. Wondering if this is one of their new roosting spots or were they just making a stop at the crow bar on the way to roost. Has anyone been seeing this? It was odd to see it at mid-day.

Go Hawks!! Beat the Cardinals!!

Caryn / Wedgwood