[Tweeters] Lots of winter yellow/gold out there: rumps and crowns

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Mon Jan 4 18:12:10 PST 2016

Hi Tweets,

I’m always delighted to see warblers in winter; they bring a small but bright light into the dark days. Yesterday brought a Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon’s)<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/23553563124> to my feeders, and today brought both an Orange-crowned Warbler<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/24099090421> and a Golden-crowned Sparrow<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/23554920033>. All of the photos were taken through multiple-paned glass, so they’re not as clear as the ones I was happy to get at Nisqually a few days earlier, but I’m happy to see these little birds at all!

Good birding to you,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle
Natural history website: Naturalpresencearts.com<Naturalpresence.wordpress.com>
Photography: Flickr.com/photos/trileigh