[Tweeters] Redwing in Victoria

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 21:37:49 PST 2016

Frank Caruso and I made the trek to Victoria B.C. hoping to find the Redwing that has continued at 3940 South Valley Drive since December 19.  It was not easy and we worried we would not find it but after several hours the bird made an appearance almost in the open in one of the holly trees at 3:15.  Very difficult light and focus but a decent ID photo can be found at https://picasaweb.google.com/103072475474183849815/Redwing?authkey=Gv1sRgCOP4_8HPx4jKmgE#6236542490150432770
Many thanks to Paul Mayer who traveled from Chicago for this bird who picked it out of the mish mash of branches.