[Tweeters] A 12-species day at the feeder (West Seattle)

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Sat Jan 9 15:48:31 PST 2016

Good afternoon Tweets,

This morning I was working beside my study window in West Seattle. Over the space of about an hour, I had the following guests at my suet and sunflower-seed feeders. Often there were multiple species, up to 4-5, working the suet at the same time.

* Black-capped Chickadees
* Chestnut-backed Chickadees
* Red-breasted Nuthatches
* Bewick’s Wren(s?)
* Pine Siskins
* Bushtits
* Dark-eyed Juncoes
* Song Sparrow
* House Finches
* Golden-crowned Sparrow
* Yellow-rumped Warblers (had some unusual-ish dark markings on chin and breast; pictures here<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/23912305879> and here<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/23653319713>)
* Orange-crowned Warblers

Further back in the yard were also:

* Crow
* Northern Flicker
* Brown Creeper

I’m sort of relieved that a hawk didn’t swoop in to scoop up some tasty lunch for itself while they were dining.

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle
Natural history website: Naturalpresencearts.com<Naturalpresence.wordpress.com>
Photography: Flickr.com/photos/trileigh