[Tweeters] ...and then there were two (BRCR?) and hummers too / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Wed Jan 13 10:52:24 PST 2016

Tweeters!

So excited to see the Brown Creeper(s) today! Had not seen them (hearing a Towhee outside right now...) for a few days and thought they'd moved on. But just now (10:30) my husband spotted one on one of the firs and then I saw it spiral down w/ another one (like a DNA spiral!) and then I saw them on two on separate trees - confirming that indeed there are two!

Then a Bewick's Wren got into the act - creeping around with one of them.

Guess my timing is off to be seeing them - or maybe them come more often than I realize! They must be finding something they like! It is frustrating to not see them sit down for a while on a branch and preen or something.

The hummers have been quite active. It should be soon that they start nesting! OK, maybe a month, but I think their lining up their easy food sources. I also have my fluff ball(s) out (one is always out - under cover), near the feeders. Last year, they would eat and then grab some fluff. (FTG - Fluff To Go).

Caryn / Wedgwood