[Tweeters] Anna's starting to nest / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sat Jan 16 10:48:08 PST 2016

Hello Tweeters!

They are at it again! Saw a hummer collecting fluff (that infamous fluff ball) this am. Gene said he saw one last week - don't know why he waited so long to tell me! So, now I just have to Follow the Fluff! I'm really thinking they love these fluff balls (I have two, each under a dome) that the cotton is much like spider silk.

Anyway, it's always exciting to see this.

By the way - I have one hummer with white spots on each of it's underwings (or thereabouts). I couldn't find where this is a "normal" feather mark for an Anna's. They do all seem to have their own unique feather marks.

Happy Hummer Day!! Small in comparison to all the rough stuff going on out there.

The Varied Thrush(es) are still visiting as well.

Stay dry and Go Hawks!!

Caryn / Wedgwood