[Tweeters] nature sound recording workshop at UW April 2016

Mark Oberle oberle at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 17 19:22:46 PST 2016

Spring is just around the corner, and a young birder at heart fondly
turns thoughts to nature audio recording!

We are pleased to announce the 2016 nature sound recording workshop
the weekend of April 22, at the Center for Urban Horticulture, at the
University of Washington's Seattle campus. Come and learn the
tricks of the trade. Novice or advanced recordists welcome. We will
help you select the equipment you need and show you how to use
it. Field technique, editing, filtering, and documentation will be
covered to help you get the best out of your nature audio recording.
Weekend workshop details: http://naturesound.org/nature-sound-workshop/

In addition to our longstanding instructors, Martyn Stewart, Mark
Oberle and Curt Black, we have a special guest instructor, Bernie
Krause, the author of the 2013 recordist's classic, "The Great Animal
Orchestra: Finding the Origins of Music in the World's Wild
Places" Here is a link to Bernie's TED talks:
http://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_krause_the_voice_of_the_natural_world

Here is a sample of a Puget Sound spring soundscape featuring Brown
Creeper:
<https://soundcloud.com/martynstewart/brown-creeper-1>https://soundcloud.com/martynstewart/brown-creeper-1

Yes, spring is nigh!

Mark Oberle