[Tweeters] Skamania County Birds

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Mon Jan 18 18:15:26 PST 2016

Susan and I birded a few spots along the Columbia River a from the Clark County line to Klickitat County. There are still several hundred TUNDRA SWANS, at least 8 TRUMPETER SWANS and a nice mix of dabbling ducks visible from the Franz Lake NWR overlook. The HARRIS'S SPARROW continues at Skamania Landing, near the one-lane bridge. we just sat in our car there for ten minutes and waited for it to appear along the road. A GREAT EGRET was at Doetsch Pond, north of the bridge. The Columbia River is running high and we found low numbers of diving ducks compared to past years. WILD TURKEYS were in their usual location in underwood but we found no quail with them yet.

Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA