[Tweeters] Owls, Malheur, Birders and the American Flag

Paul Baerny pbaerny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:05:52 PST 2016

It would be a shame to lose a birder like Micheal Charest to tweeters
because of the ethics poliçe. I've found his posts very informative. The
few times that I have come across him birding have always been enjoyable
and insightful.
For me, the great thing about being a lister is the people I meet and
places I see along the way. I think I read once that it not about the
number of birds you see, but the journey.
Also, if I remember right? The Long-eared Owl found dead last year near
Port Susan was not one of the pair from Eide Rd. It was determined to be a
immature Owl that died from malnutrition. Apparently it is quite common for
young raptors to not survive their first winter. But I wouldn't want the
facts to get in way of a good story!
Paul Baerny
Kent Wa.