[Tweeters] Common Redpolls in Island & Kitsap Counties today

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 24 17:59:26 PST 2016

Keeping with the recent reports, today I went chasing redpolls.

On Camano Island I relocated at least one Common Redpoll in a large flock of Pine Siskin along Scenic Dr. in the Rocky Point neighborhood.

After some other birding around Camano Island, I dipped on the Snohomish Co. birds on Thomle Rd in two visits then moved on to Kitsap Co.

At about 3:30 two Common Redpolls were back[?] at Shannon Dr. x Djune in Winslow, Kitsap County.
Unfortunately, I hadn’t heard that I should check nearby for Pine Grosbeak, so I’m not sure whether they were still around in Winslow this afternoon.

Add the Port Townsend CORE yesterday and the Seattle CORE earlier this month, and it has been fun to enjoy the irruption ---

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA