[Tweeters] Raptorpalooza at Steamboat Rock, Grant Co.

heapbigdoc at netscape.net heapbigdoc at netscape.net
Sun Jan 24 21:08:29 PST 2016

Hi Tweets,

We stopped by Steamboat Rock Wildlife Area/State Park today.

The snow that has covered the ground since before Christmas has melted off, and the weather was gray and soggy.

In the drive from Highway 155 to the Park boat launch and back we saw 7 Bald Eagles, 3 Red-tailed Hawks, 3 Rough-legged Hawks, 2 Northern Harriers, 2 American Kestrels, and a juvenile Peregrine Falcon. Add the Cooper's Hawk from Osborne Bay and it's a seven raptor day - not bad for a shopping trip.

The Steamboat Rock loop also included 4 American Tree Sparrows.

- Roy Myers, Electric City, WA.